NAR: Rental Agreement Assistance
NAR recently joined 12 commercial entities and nonprofit industry trade groups in urging Congress to take meaningful action during the stimulus 4/5 deliberations to protect the housing of millions of American families impacted by the COVID-19.
The coalition is also placing a print ad in Politico. With relief provided by the CARES Act successful in helping Americans meet their housing needs, the groups are strongly urging Congress to support similar policies in the next COVID-19 bill to ensure people can remain in their homes, while preventing fundamental damage to the rental housing industry. The letter to congress requests commons sense eviction moratorium procedures and reasonable rental assistance. You can view the letter here.
Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) Program
New Jersey Department of Labor Employment Certification Questions and Interpretations
Check out this week’s Realtor Resiliency Report This communication from the National Association of Realtors® to all members describes the many ways NAR is working to guide and support Realtors and the real estate industry during the COVID-19 pandemic. Every week, you’ll find up-to-date, relevant information on how to ensure your health and safety, the virus’ impact on the economy and your business, its impact on NAR activities, and what NAR is doing to help. View the report.
Lists by County of Municipal Websites
Branchburg Township Thanks to Joseph V. Olivo, Fire Marshall from the Township of Branchburg, for providing CORE the following documents to share with our members:
Ewing Township Ewing Township has adopted, with the support of the Mayor, a self-certification option for Property Transfer Certification (commonly referred to as CO). To view a list of the Ewing’s Fire Prevention page, click here.
Plainsboro Township Plainsboro currently has a waiver in place since most in-person inspections are being put on hold. Access the form below. Questions? Contact Plainsboro Inspector Brian Miller bmiller@plainsboronj.
- DocInbox – User Guide (Click on the DocInox tab in app to begin)
- zipLogix April Release Notes – PDF (Available in app via the bulletin (megaphone) icon)
- Employee Rights: Paid Sick Leave and Expanded Family and Medical Leave under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act from the US Department of Labor ( View PDF )
- COVID19 Scenarios & Benefits Available from the NJ Department of Labor and Workforce Development ( View PDF )
- FAQs NJ Realtors has released new guidance to its membership to address the numerous concerns raised recently. Click here to view the latest FAQs.
Legislation Passed in Response to COVID-19
- NJ Board of Public Utilities Prepares for Second Year of Community Solar Program
- NJ Enacts Permit Extension Act of 2020 to Address Delays Caused by COVID-19
- SBA Releases Revised PPP Loan Forgiveness Applications
- Governor Murphy Signs Executive Order 152, Setting Forth Guidelines for Indoor and Outdoor Gatherings
- Wealth Transfer Strategies to Consider in the Age of COVID-19
- New Paycheck Protection Program Flexibility Act Provides Significant Relief to Borrowers
- Paycheck Protection Program Update: SBA Releases Rules to Clarify Loan Forgiveness and Loan Review
- OSHA Increases On-Site Inspections, Expands Employee Illness Recordkeeping Requirements in Response to Businesses Reopening
- Governor Murphy Signs Executive Order 142: Resumption of Non-Essential Construction, Curbside Pick-up from Non-Essential Retail Stores, Gatherings in Vehicles
- SBA Issues New Guidance Providing Safe Harbor for Paycheck Protection Program Loans Under $2M; Extends Repayment Deadline to May 18, 2020
- Governor Murphy and DEP Provide Temporary COVID-19 Related Extensions for Environmental Regulatory Deadlines
- NJ DEP Proposes Significant Overhaul of Remediation Standards Required for Contaminated Sites
- Second Emergency Stimulus Bill Provides Additional Funding for SBA EIDL Program; Takes Steps to Direct PPP Loan Funds to More Small Businesses
- In the Nick of Time, NJBPU Extends SREC Eligibility for Solar Projects Delayed Due to COVID-19
- Governor Murphy Signs Executive Order Allowing Tenants to Use Security Deposit to Pay Rent
- Second Emergency Stimulus Bill Provides $100 Billion in Additional Funding to Further Support COVID-19 Treatment and Testing
- Employment Law Update: EEOC Issues New Guidance on Accommodation Requests; Expands “Undue Hardship” Definition; Provides Guidance for Employers on Employees Returning to Work
- Force Majeure in the Age of COVID-10: A Force to be Reckoned With
- U.S. Senate Approves $310 Billion in Additional Funding to Paycheck Protection Program
- DEP Upgrades of NJ Water Bodies to Category One Status Trigger Significant Land Use and NJPDES Discharge Restrictions on Neighboring Properties
- Employment Law Update: Expansion of NJ Family Leave Act to Cover COVID-19 Related Situations
- New Legislation Delays Implementation of Amendments to NJ WARN Act and Exempts “Mass Layoffs” Due to COVID-19
- Employment Law Update: The Four Classifications of Potential Risk on OSHA’s Occupational Risk Pyramid; Additional Guidance for Employers of Critical Infrastructure Workers
- An Overview of Recent Land Use Guidance and Legislation in NJ in Response to COVID-19
- Governor Murphy Issues Executive Order 122 Shutting Down Non-Essential Construction Projects
- Potential Bankruptcy Strategies for Stakeholders in Real Estate Transactions; Provisions of the US Bankruptcy Code
- NJ BPU Announces April 30 Closing Date for Current Solar Renewable Energy Certificate Program
- SBA “Final Interim Rule” on Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Makes Key Changes
- Critical Update to CARES Act Paycheck Protection Program
- Title I of the CARES Act: Paycheck Protection Program and Loan Forgiveness
- Title II of the CARES Act: Assistance for American Workers, Families and Businesses
- Overview of Executive Order 106 from Governor Murphy
- Paid Sick and Family Leave vs. Unemployment Insurance Benefits
- New Jersey Extends Filing Deadline for Real Estate Tax Appeals
- The CARES Act: Expansion of Bankruptcy Protections for Small Businesses
Remote Operations Spring 2020 CORE has moved to remote work operations for all staff effective Thursday, March 19, for the foreseeable future. To view a list of CORE’S administrative and program staff that will be reachable via email, click here.
How to find a NRDS number Not sure about your Realtor member number? Click here to find your NRDS ID online