At Home With Diversity (AHWD) Certification
This NAR certification course, providing NJ and PA CE credit, is an educational experience designed to present a picture of the changing face of the real estate industry. More importantly, the class teaches Realtors how to work effectively with – and within – a rapidly changing multicultural market. Diversifying your clientele means learning the practical skills and tools to expand business and effectively service all cultural groups. Fee: $95. Presented by: CORE, Bucks County Association of REALTORS®, and Greater Philadelphia Association of REALTORS®.
- Monday, April 11, from 9 am – 4:30 pm via Zoom
- Instructor: Isabelle Perkins
- NJ CE Credit: 5 Core Credits, 1 Fair Housing Credit
- PA CE Credit: 7 PA CE Credits (including 3.5 hours required on the topics of Redlining, Steering, Implicit Bias, Diversity and the Fair Housing Act)
- Register for NJ Credit Only here.
- Register for PA Credit Only here.
- Register for NJ & PA Credit here.
Code of Ethics Training
Grace Period for Proof of Code of Ethics Training deadline January 14 As required by the National Association of REALTORS®, in order to maintain their Realtor status, all Realtors must complete at least 2.5 hours of ethics training every three years that meets specific NAR learning objectives and criteria. The current three-year cycle ends tomorrow, December 31, 2021. CORE members need to provide proof of completion to CORE, and CORE is implementing a grace period until January 14, 2022.
Check your NAR Code of Ethics status! If you have completed your course, but it is not showing on NAR’s website, send your certificate of completion to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 908-725-2466 to update your record.
Need to Complete Your Code of Ethics Course Requirement?
· NAR offers a no-cost online course for all current members that meets the requirement, or for a fee. (see next item below)
· Additionally, you can take an online Code of Ethics class that provides NJ CE credit. Visit The CE Shop.
o All CE classes approved by the NJ Real Estate Commission will show as you scroll down the page.
o Any class listed as “NAR Ethics” will satisfy the NAR ethics requirement and provide 3 NJ Ethics CE credits.
§ Code of Ethics in Action: Real-Life Applications
§ Code of Ethics: Good For Your Clients and Your Business
§ Ethics at Work
o Upon completion of the course, send your certificate of completion to email@example.com, and we will update your NAR member record to reflect that you have satisfied the Code of Ethics requirement.
Did You Know? Your NAR C2EX (Commitment to Excellence) endorsement serves as an equivalency option for NAR’s Code of Ethics training requirement. Get started at C2EX.Realtor.
Note from New Jersey REALTORS®: NAR’s Code of Ethics requirement and the New Jersey continuing ethics requirement are two separate requirements from two different governing bodies. Code of Ethics is only a Realtor® requirement, as Realtors® pledge to uphold themselves to a higher level of ethics. The NJ continuing education requirement for ethics is governed by the NJ Real Estate Commission and is necessary for renewing your license with the state.
NAR requires that local associations such as CORE suspend members who haven’t completed the requirement by the deadline, and eventually terminate the membership if not completed. CORE has decided to offer a grace period until January 14, 2022, since the December 31 deadline falls at such a difficult time of year for members. Therefore, here’s the schedule:
- January 14 – deadline for members to provide proof of completion of Code training to CORE
- January 20 – members who didn’t provide proof of completion by January 14 will have their Realtor membership suspended, which may impact services that require Realtor membership.
- March 1 – members who didn’t provide proof of completion by February 28 will have their Realtor membership terminated, which may impact services that require Realtor membership.
Q&A for Brokers/Managers:
How do you find a list of noncompliant agents in your office?
- Login to CORE’s Member Portal.
- Select “Office” at the top of the page and then select “Broker Reports” from the dropdown list.
- Under “Select Report”, select “Code of Ethics Status”. This will generate a report showing all active agents in your office and their Code of Ethics status.
- Click the arrow next to the “COE Status” column name to sort the list and quickly see all “Not Compliant” agents.
What do your noncompliant agents need to do?
If they completed the course, they need to email either the certificate of completion for the ethics course, or a screenshot of the PSI CE Tracking System report showing the completed ethics course, to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 14, 2021.
- If they need to take the course, see above where it says, “Need to Complete Your Code of Ethics Course Requirement?”.
What if they miss the deadline?
On Jan. 20, 2022 CORE will suspend their membership. Suspension means:
- Suspended members are still obligated to abide by the Code of Ethics and pay their Realtor dues, including to renew for 2022.
- Suspended members are unable to complete the application for or qualify for the 2021 NJ REALTORS® Circle of Excellence Award.
- Important services like SUPRA, Realtors Party Resources®, access to some MLSs, and more can be impacted or shut off completely.
- Learn more about suspended memberships here.
- Suspended members would have until Feb. 28, 2022 to meet the NAR Code of Ethics training requirement to avoid termination.
On March 1, 2022, any suspended member who hasn’t fulfilled the NAR Code of Ethics requirement would have their membership terminated.
- To reinstate their Realtor membership, members would need to first show proof of completing the Code of Ethics training, and then reapply and pay any additional fees required with the application (i.e., an application fee, NJR Legal Defense Fund fee, 2022 dues and late fees, if applicable).
What if the suspended member is the office principal, partner, corporate officer, and/or Designated Realtor? All of the above would still be true, additionally:
- The office’s Realtor membership, including the Realtor memberships of all of its agents, would also be suspended on Jan. 1, 2022. Please see above for the effects of the suspension.
- Important services like SUPRA, some MLSs, and more that require the office have a Realtor membership in good standing can be impacted or shut off completely for the whole office.
Your success is important to us, and we’re working hard to ensure that all 4,800+ CORE Realtor members are certified as compliant so there’s no disruption in your Realtor membership and other important services.
Questions? Brokers, office managers, and Designated Realtors please email Marybeth@core-realtors.com. If agents have questions, please have them email email@example.com and one of our staff will be happy to help.
Thank you for your Realtor membership, and your membership at the CORE Association of Realtors®!
The CE Shop Ethics Courses
The CE Shop, an online education provider in which CORE has a partnership with, offers courses in the ethics category. Any course on their site labeled as “NAR Ethics” is accepted by CORE to count towards your NAR Code of Ethics requirement. Upon completion of your course, please send your certificate of completion to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 908-725-2466 to ensure your member record is updated. Visit the CE Shop.
New Member Orientation
Due to the current circumstances with COVID-19 (Coronavirus), CORE will be hosting virtual New Member Orientation classes through Zoom. Check the CORE Calendar to register for an upcoming session. The next virtual New Member Orientation is scheduled for:
New Member Orientation | Thursday, January 20, 2022 | 10:00 – 11:00 am | Register here
New Member Orientation | Thursday, February 17, 2022 | 5:30 – 6:30 pm | Register here
New Member Orientation | Thursday, February 24, 2022 | 10:00 – 11:00 am | Register here
New Member Orientation | Tuesday, March 24, 2022 | 10:00 – 11:00 am | Register here
NAR Center for REALTOR® Development
One of the many benefits to your Realtor® membership is access to the Center for REALTOR® Development. This resource gives you access to Designations, Certifications, Continuing Education, and Code of Ethics courses to promote your professional development.
NAR’s Commitment to Excellence (C2EX)
Commitment to Excellence (C2EX) from the National Association of REALTORS® empowers Realtors® to evaluate, enhance and showcase their highest levels of professionalism. It’s not a course, class or designation—it’s an Endorsement that Realtors® can promote when serving clients and other Realtors®. Completion of C2EX will satisfy NAR’s Code of Ethics requirement. Learn more about C2EX!